Written by Dan Istvanik
While the spring season is slowly rolling out warmer weather and flowers, Hollywood has been rolling out the red carpet for awards season!
All the celebrities and influencers have been showing up in force to celebrate music, movies, and politics.
Your kids might not have stayed up late to sit through the hours of rude jokes, political statements, and the actual awards, but they still listen and watch.
Even though your family may have rules about music and movies within the home, outside the home, there is a culture being influenced by popular entertainment.
#Trendingparenting is a quick, monthly help for parents to keep pace with what is popular in your kid’s world. We know it is hard for busy parents to watch every awards ceremony or spend time searching the entertainment culture, so we created this resource just for you!
We have included links at the end to help you find family-focus reviews and complete, unedited lyrics.
Please keep in mind this information is real-world; therefore,unedited. Some of the content, topics, and lyrics may be offensive.
TRENDING OSCAR MOVIE WINNERS
- Best Picture: Green Book
- Best Director: Alfonso Cuaron, Roma
- Best Actor: Rami Malek, Bohemian Rhapsody
- Best Actress: Olivia Coleman, The Favourite
- Best Supporting Actor: Mahershala Ali, Green Book
- Best Supporting Actress: Regina King, If Beale Street Could Talk
TRENDING SCREEN ACTORS GUILD WINNERS
- Outstanding Movie Cast Performance: Black Panther
- Outstanding Movie Actor: Glenn Close, The Wife &Rami Malek, Bohemian Rhapsody
- Outstanding TV Cast Performance: This is Us
- Outstanding TV Comedy: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
- Outstanding TV Actors in a Drama: Sandra Oh, Killing Eve& Jason Bateman, Ozark
- Outstanding TV Actors in a Comedy: Rachel Brosnahan & Tony Shaloub, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
NICKELODEON KIDS’ CHOICE AWARDS NOMINEES ON MARCH 23rd
- Favorite Movie: Aquaman, Avengers: Infinity War, Black Panther, Mary Poppins Returns, The Kissing Booth, & To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before
- Favorite Funny TV Show: The Big Bang Theory, BUNK’D, Fuller House, Henry Danger, Modern Family, & Raven’s Home
- Favorite TV Drama: A Series of Unfortunate Events, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, The Flash, Riverdale, Stranger Things, & The Walking Dead
- Favorite Reality Show: America’s Got Talent, American Idol, American Ninja Warrior, Dancing with the Stars: Juniors, Double Dare, & The Voice
- Favorite Music Group:The Chainsmokers, Fall Out Boy, Imagine Dragons, Maroon 5 Migos, & twenty-one pilots
- Favorite Male Musical Artist: Bruno Mars, DJ Khaled, Drake, Justin Timberlake, Luke Bryan & Shawn Mendes
- Favorite Female Musical Artist: Ariana Grande, Beyonce, Camila Cabello, Cardi B, Selena Gomez, & Taylor Swift
- Favorite Video Game: Just Dance 2019, LEGO The Incredibles, Marvel’s Spider-Man, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, & Super Mario Party
- Favorite Social Media Star: David Dobrik, Emma Chamberlain, Guava Juice, Lilly Singh, Miranda Sings, & Ryan Toys Review
I HEART MUSIC AWARDS 2019 ON MARCH 14th
- Song of the Year
- “Better Now” – Post Malone
- “Girls Like You” – Maroon 5 featuring Cardi B
- “God’s Plan” – Drake
- “Perfect” – Ed Sheeran
- “The Middle” – Zedd, Maren Morris, Grey
- Female Artist of the Year
- Ariana Grande
- Camila Cabello
- Cardi B
- Dua Lipa
- Male Artist of the Year
- Ed Sheeran
- Kendrick Lamar
- Post Malone
- Shawn Mendes
HELPFUL RESOURCES SITES FOR REVIEWS AND RESEARCH
Written by DAN ISTVANIK, who is our lead content writer and a 5th to 8th-grade pastor in Lancaster, PA. He has been working in youth ministry for over 22 years, serving churches in Pennsylvania, Louisiana, Wisconsin, Ohio, and Virginia. He is a speaker, ministry coach, writer, and contributing to a variety of other great ministry resources. He shares daily middle school ministry specific resources, and hints on his own site “The Middle Years” at middleyearsministry.com.