If you’ve read our last four blog posts, you know that we’ve been writing about the Ministry to Parents Road Map.
The road map outlines the 4 steps to building a ministry to parents at your church (see below).
- BUILD A PARENT MINISTRY PLAN (Download: Volunteer Guidelines & Expectation Kit)
- ENCOURAGE PARENTS (Download: Ministry Kit for Families with Illness)
- HELP PARENTS LEAD (Download: Back to School Parent Kit)
- CARE FOR YOUR SOUL
Each step along this journey will help you and your church multiply your ministry efforts by leveraging the powerful influence of parents.
For today’s blog post we’re going to focus on:
STEP 4: CARE FOR YOUR SOUL
We have made it to our final Step on the Roadmap.
This step is the most foundational of them all. Why?
There is no ministry if the minister burns out.
I have a question for you. Who ministers to you?
- I know who serves the kids and teenagers in your church. You.
- I know who serves the parents in your church. You.
But who is caring for you? This question is why we added a final step in the Ministry to Parents Road Map.
We believe in you so much that we dedicated content specifically for YOU.
You might read that and say, “How does soul care fit into Ministry to Parents?”
Ministry is hard enough as it is. We are on the front lines in a Spiritual Battle. We have our callings to shepherd our walks with Christ, our relationships with our family, and lead others to do the same.
This responsibility gets even harder when:
- We’re burning out and struggling to find passion, energy, and motivation.
- We’re trying to connect with God, but are struggling to grow spiritually.
- Our family is going through a crisis, and the conflict wears us down.
We understand how hard it is to take care of ourselves as we care for others. This struggle is why we create content concentrated on how to care for the soul. We want to help you “watch over your heart with all diligence, for from it flow the springs of life (Proverbs 4:23).
We are so honored to partner with you in ministry.
For the past 9+ years, we have partnered with thousands of churches to help them connect to the parents in their church. We believe in this mission because parents are the most significant spiritual influence in the lives of students and kids.
As a member, you get an ongoing collection of “done for you” resources that help you partner with the parents in your ministry. All the resources are based on the four steps in the Ministry to Parents roadmap:
If you are interested in joining our membership, sign up for our email list. We will notify you when we open enrollment. Click HERE to sign up.